Thursday, March 26, 2009

THoroughly Useless (THU) Thursday

I tried formalizing the words in the chorus of this song, and this is what I came up with:

Because Diminuitive William, William refuses to return to his domicile
However, you will not force him against his will, William refuses to return
Attempt to inform all who have a vested interest, however, you will not succeed
Diminuitive William, William refuses to return to his domicile

When I repeated them to my wife she recommended I post it here, under this title.

4 comments:

MRMacrum said...

I guess everyone can be excused a foible or too. "Sweet" however is not one I would have mentioned once, nevermind twice. The only thing more outrageous than Glam Rock was Disco. Some embarrassing times, the late 70s and early 80s.

This Thursday post indicates you have plenty of time to waste, so I took it upon myslef to tag you in my Six Random Things post.

briwei said...

Hey! I liked Glam Rock. :) And I figured out what the song was without clicking the link.

I like your version. Now, if only you could sing it to the tune. Like the overly wordy version of "show me the way to go home" we used to sing in college.

Randal Graves said...

Is this what happens when postmodernists start wearing platform shoes?

Chef Cthulhu said...

Crum - Hey, I never said I was proud of it! But I am. So you tagged me, eh? Sure.

Briwei - Where would the world be without glam rock? Speaking of college - when we all went Edinburgh all those years ago, did you come to see that play with us about the glam rock band in the 1984-style totalitarian society? Weird play.

Randal - No. It's what happens when you're bored in the produce section of your local market.