Friday, May 9, 2008

Cthulhu's Tentacles

He has many of them, and they reach far. Here are just a few. Maybe one of them will grab you...

1. Dread Cthulhu devours intruders to the kitchen. Cthulhu Apron at Cafe Press. The only one used at this restaraunt!

2. Fuzzy-wuzzy cushie Dread Crocheted Cthulhu at Instructables.

3. I CAN HAZ CREEPY. Cthulhu Kitty Animation found at deviantART.

4. Brake for nobody, or this could be you! Cthulhu road sign by myconfinedspace.

5. Happy Wednesday - "Eclectic, humorous nerd-rock and electronic madness". Watch them perform "His Tentacled Glory" at No Brand Con 2008. Only thing I could catch was something about not getting eaten last. Destined for obscurity, like this place, and rightfully so. Hey, that's fine...I'm sure that were I 20 years younger I'd have thought they were awesome like the kids in the video. I'm so glad musical tastes mature.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Lyrics of "His Tentacled Glory" (which is a spoof of Christian Rock songs):
"When I'm Lost and Confused
I think of what you'd have me do
And when I feel under Attack
I just remind myself, you're coming back
Because when the time has come to pass,
I know I won't be eaten last

Cthulhu Fhtagn
Cthulhu Fhtagn
We Worship You O Ancient One
Cthulhu Fhtagn

So many elder gods I could choose,
Yet I venerate only you
I'm in awe of your deeds and your epic story
I save all my praise for your tentacled glory
And while some worship Shub Niggurath
I have chosen a different path

Cthulhu Fhtagn
Cthulhu Fhtagn
We Worship You O Ancient One
Cthulhu Fhtagn

(purposefully terrible solo)

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn. (repeats)
That which is not dead can eternal lie, in strange eons even death may die (repeats)"

briwei said...

I have to say, the lyrics are pretty damn funny. I wish they were more understandable in the vid. :)

I really like the crocheted dread one, but all those links were pretty cool.

On another note, Huzzah, send me your current snail mail. I have a thingy for you to add to your collection.

Bull said...

Trae-Dorn,

Thanks for commenting and giving the lyrics. Briwei's right - they're pretty damned funny. I used to throw some wild-ass parties with live bands and all in college. I probably would have asked you guys to play one!

Bri - sending you an email, bro.

Anonymous said...

And here's the point where I plug the website http://happywednesday.trhonline.com/ and the Live Album http://www.lulu.com/content/2444815

:P

Bull said...

Well Trae, since...

1. You are the only person to become a member of this community, AND...

2. You're someone I don't know personally who has actually commented (TWICE, I might add!)

...I guess I should blogroll you.

Don't let it go to your head :p